Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thomas Kinkade Christmas

Hallo,
Doing Xmas cards today - I accually got out of class early today so had a little time to play (I teach ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support at the hospital I work for-required certification to work in Critical care areas as in ICU, ER, OR...)
Anyhoo - these are the cards I have been working on, stamped one day, colored in while sitting on the couch with the family at night and today cut, layered, embellished and finished. I finished 12 today and have a bunch more to color over the next couple nights - I work the next 2 days - 12 hrs each.
The stamp is "Silent Night" by Thomas Kinkade from Cornish Heritage Farms and the backround stamp is also CHF called Victorian Pattern backround. I did a faux layer around the colored spotlight and then a real navy blue
layer lined with silver pen, embellished with glitter glue (from JoAnn's) and a rectangle silver charm that says 'Peace On Earth'.
I colored the spotlights with prismacolor pencils, blended with oderless mineral spirits. I tried 2 different 'Navys' - one a very dark navy and one lighter but the backround ink for both is Staz On - midnight blue. I tried to get pics that would show how the different navy blues look, not a huge difference and I like the look of both.
All for now - will probably be back Sunday evening ( I have Sunday off this weekend :)
Have a great weekend!!!
Tera
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Wow these are beautiful!
Have you seen this ?
http://forums.cornishheritagefarms.com/viewtopic.php?t=459

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful cards!! I love the spotlighting that you did with them. And yes...I do know that German phrase well, unfortunately, from when I was in the hospital over here! :-O

Have a wonderful weekend!
-Jana