Sunday, December 30, 2007

Trying out a template

Hallo,
Well in case you are wondering - Idid survive the game of RISK last night - 5 hours worth - I even won. But they conned me into another game today and I was the first one to lose (darn - more time at the craft table :)
Rarely do I use a card template when I do cards but I decided to start trying them more often - I used this same template to do the faux layer cards from the last couple posts.
Today I used some patterned paper - had it in my stash a looong time so haven't a clue where it came from (I think it is from a kids oragami kit that my daughter never used up). The stamps are from Sonlight Impressions, word stamps from Stampin Up, punch from SU also for the word window. I colored them with prismacolor pencils. I did 2 almost exactly the
same but changed the layers a bit - still can't decide which one I like better. Truthfully this card is just a little busy for my taste. I will have to try something simple with this template when I next get to the craft table (wednesday probably as I work the next 2 days).
If anyone is looking for a great convention to go to there is one coming up the middle of febr. in St. Mary's Georgia (southeastern tip).
It is called Creative Palette . They start on thursday/friday with classes - stampin, beading/jewerly, clay, altered stuff of all kinds - it is a really great mixed bunch of classes. Saturday is the convention with all the stamp booths. I, my cheif enabler Pat and one or 2 folks from our small stamping group are going again this year. If you want to take a look go to http://www.bettysstamppad.com/ and look under Creative Palette. If you are going give me a shout and maybe we can get together live and in person :).
Well gotta get some super rollin here.....
Have a Happy New Year!!!!
Tera
Posted by Picasa

No comments: