Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tutorial round 3

Hallo again,
What I did with this first photo is to add color on top of the base in each column and then in the second and third column I blended with the mineral spirits - I know its hard to see but the differnce from the first to the second column is that the colors are smoother and melt into each other a bit in kinda a translucent layer. My photos are kinda dark as it is raining like crazy here today - winter in Florida, rain before the cold front - warm and muggy one day, one day of rain and then its COLD and damp.




For this second photo (after blending the first column to catch it up with the others) I added lighter colors (white and yellow) on top of the 2 base layers to show you how they show up - then again I blended the second and third columns. When you blend the lighter colors they do melt into the base a bit and aren't as bright. But the beauty of this is you can always
add more on top until it is the way you want it . I have done as many as 6 or 7 layers and it
doesn't get to looking gunky.
Last but not least I added more of the lighter colors on top of the prior spots in the second and third columns.
All for now - will show you more tomorrow.
Tera
Posted by Picasa

No comments: