Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Mamma's Girl

Hallo,
An 'Inspiration' picture and 2 cards...but first...
I have to tell you about my shopping day because goodness knows my DH just won't understand...as most of my few 'readers' are probably women you will understand this sooo much better. I had planned to do all my errands today for 2 reasons - 1 - I needed to get my nails done but wanted to do a bunch of yard work first so as not to ruin them the first day and 2 because the things I needed to shop for are the last things I like to go shopping for and I was putting it off - as I work the next 2 days it had to be today. Above all else I hate shoping for Bra's but I couldn't put it off any longer as I was in dire - and I mean DIRE - need of new ones. The problem is that I HATE the underwire thing and refuse to wear them which makes selection very limited....now imagine me doing yard work on monday and slicing my thumb open quite well (I am known to be an expert klutz). OK - so can you guess - here I am shopping for above mentioned BRA's and not only does my thumb (yes the right hand) hurt but with a bandaid on it makes it even more fun....I was very frustrated but eventually my funny bone kicked in and I got the giggles - to top it off when I got home I noticed that all my struggles in the dressing room had essentially scraped the polish off same said thumb-nail.....
So was that TMI or what :)

Now for todays cards - the first picture was my inspiration for the backround and flowers.
I started with the weave backrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms stamped once in 'So saffron' and once in 'Mellow moss' both from Stampin Up. The flowers are also Stampin Up - colored with LePlume markers - cherry,pine green (also the Mother's Day stamp) and prussian blue. The girl stamp is from Magenta - colored with my Prismacolor pencils (stamped in saddle brown Staz On). The Happy Mother's Day stamp is from Stampendous.
I can't decide which one I like better but I think it is the second one.
Well better get rollin here - super to get too
and a game of Wii with the kids...
I work the next 2 so you won't see me again until saturday after yard work is done (maybe I'll get lucky and it will rain - wait, take that back - then I'd have to do housework...)
Have a great day!
Tera
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Beautiful cards! OH...laughing at your Bra story. I just bought new ones TODAY! I was so thrilled because I was at Fashon Bug.. bought two, and when I got up to the register.. she said. "when you buy two, you get two free, today!"
WOO HOO.. it was a real "Bra Bonanza"!! lol