Sunday, February 24, 2008

Creative Palette - Jennifer Obertin

Hallo,
I got back from Creative Palette yesterday evening - its about a 5 1/2 hour drive from us. Creative Palette is a Stamping/Clay/Jewerly/Altered Art/Scrap convention so it has a little something for everyone. 4 of my 5 classes were with the Obertins from Rubber Nature Art Stamps/Somethings Fishy Rubber stamps. http://www.rubbernature.com
This first picture is Jennifer - not pictured is Sandy (Mom) and 'Mr. O' (Dad). Jennifer designs Somethings Fishy Rubber stamps. I love taking classes with these folks - very creative and very friendly - my head justs bursts with ideas from their classes. I took most of my classes last year with them also - well worth every penny!!!
The second picture is from one of my classes, and includes my Chief Enabler - Pat (in the white stripe shirt) and fellow enablee Fran (purple shirt).
The last 2 photos are 2 pieces from one of my classes with the Obertins - the Faux Closienne class. I will show you the bracelet that goes with these tomorrow. These pieces are done using Direct to paper with bright color inks and then stamped over the whole piece with black ink. Next we cut the piece into thin strips and arranged them on sticker paper with a small space between strips - then I used black embossing powder in the spaces and embossed it. You could stop there and cut the small pieces to lay on the jewerly findings but I chose to cut the piece into thin strips again, layer on sticker paper and then emboss again, only this time in silver. Then I cut pieces off the main piece to fit the finding for the earrings, pendant and bracelet and glued them down with Diamond glaze - last but not least you find some Bling, put a layer of Diamond glaze on top and I add the chrystals. The diamond glaze takes several hours to dry, but dries clear and smooth.
I am glad I took alot of pics at the convention because with the stuff I bought on top of the mess I left in my craft room it may be a day or 2 before I can make room/clean enough to accually DO some crafting!!! I also need to do some yard work (we got about 8 inches of rain in from wed to sat am here at home), and I need to get some house work done too. Yard work is much more fun - especially this time of year - I cut 4 Daffodils and 1 Iris to bring in the house today :)
All for now - more Convention pics tomorrow.
Tera

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, This was fun to stumble upon. It was great having you in the classes!!!
Jennifer :)