Monday, May 5, 2008

Diamond Dog

Hallo,
A 'Manly/boy' card for you today. This is still from my stash from the week long backround blitz at CHF. The dog stamp is unknown - garage sale find :) He was colored with prismacolors and mounted with brads to a gray piece of cardstock that I first stamped with 'woodgrain backrounder' from CHF http://cornishheritagefarms.com in walnut distress ink and cut/embossed with my cuttlebug/nestabilities - I then mounted that to a piece of gray cardstock stamped with weathered wood distress ink and mounted on brown card base. The 'hardware' is chipboard stamped with 'diamond plate backrounder' from CHF to look like hinges.
I didn't get any stamping done today - a ton of errands to run - including getting myself a new cell phone as I left mine on the back bumper of the DH's truck and who knows where it fell off and its probably smashed up from getting run over - rolls eyes. I have had this one over 4 years so I guess thats not too bad - and the battery wasn't holding a charge as long as it should anymore anyhow...
I also went to the base thrift shop to consign stuff and came away with as big a boxfull as I brought in - found a wooden bread box for our kitchen (our 2 kittens either REALLY like bread or its just a challenge to get it off the counter in the middle of the night, smash it and spread crumbs everywhere...). Now I just need to decide how to 'decorate' it....
Last but not least the kids talked me into getting in the pool with them for a bit - its still just a little cool for me - the top foot of water reads 78 but it is at least several degrees cooler....
All for now - gotta get some cleaning done in the craft room so I can get to my desk tomorrow and get some stamping done.
Take Care
Tera
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Vicki Chrisman said...

All of your cards are beautiful Tera. You can see the time you put into them.
Thankyou so so much for the beautiful Mothers Day card you sent. I love it. I feel like such a shlep.. I didnt get any sent out. You are so thoughtful! Thanks hon!