Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Butterfly Inchies

Hallo,
Tried to post this yesterday but my internet connection went caput literally as I was typeing - my DH had been on the internet right before me...
It sure felt good to get some time at the craft table - I had a very busy weekend at work and a very busy morning cleaning, doing yard work ect., ect...
This card went together well until I got to the yellow layer....
All the stamps are from Inkadinkado except the word which is Stampin Up. First I inked the butterflys with versamark and then added yellow, orange and red ink, stamped it on white paper and embossed with clear powder. Then I sprayed with walnut ink spray, wiped the spray off the embossed parts and let it dry. Next I took a walnut ink pad and distressed a little using direct to paper. With the walnut ink pad I then stamped the dragonfly in a couple spots. I cut the panel into inchies and fixed them to the green panel and then embellished them with a bronze flower brad, rhinestones, a clear circle sticker, and 2 small pieces of stamped, colored and shrunk shrink paper left from another project.
This is where I got a little stuck - I layered the inchie panel to a light yellow card base and stamped the dragonfly in the corner. Thinking it looked a little blank I took a tiny flower and stamped along the edge with the same yellow, orange and red but that turned out way to bright and distracting - sooo pretending I meant to all along I cut out the panel with a yellow border as a layer. Now I pulled out the darker yellow - without glueing the inchie panel down (I learned from the first time ) I stamped the dragonfly in the corner in walnut distress ink, then stamped the flourish also in the walnut distress ink but after tapping some off so it was lighter in color. But the upper left corner still looked too blank....so I pulled out the word stamp - well that took 3 tries to get it straight and then I was finally able to glue down the inchie panel for the finished card.....
All for now - trying to get out the door to drive to a small town near us where a couple years ago we went to pick blueberries - hoping I can find the farm again today. Gotta get rollin before it gets too hot.
Take Care
Tera




Posted by Picasa

No comments: