Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Family vacation pics

Hallo,
Warning - no crafty photos....
We took a long weekend and went up to NE Georgia to play this last weekend. We got back yesterday afternoon. Although I did bring some craft stuff - I colored some Bellas Fellas while driving but haven't had time to put them together yet - I have plans for a card swap from Grillafella and ATC's from Surfinfella.
I wasn't able to get too many pics as the kiddos are at that age where they virtually refuse totally to have their pictures taken.
Saturday we drove up to do a little fishing for trout but with the overly hot weather lately there wasn't any fish interested so - we did manage to find this Clydesdale horse farm to hang out for a bit - this first pic is Paula with the 2 year old - they also had a yearling that was as sweet as could be.

This second pic is from a little hike we took on Monday to "Anna Ruby falls" - very hot and sweaty hike up but very pretty (and it was a little cooler in the trees) - my knees DIDNOT like the trek back down!!! I actually got them to allow a pic and then my camera didn't like the light - would not let me get a close up but here's Jack, Mr. Tom , and Paula at the falls - they were laughing at me trying to make my camera behave :).
This is a close up of Mr. Tom in the gift shop - no he's not grumpy, I just caught him off guard when Jack decided to get a little 'squirrelly'.
Last but not least a foggy view of the 'mountains' behind Jack on the scenic drive we took to get out of the heat for a bit. It winds around the area where the 'Appalachian Trail' starts.
We saw some interesting store names on our travels - the 'Victorian Cowgirl' sells gifts,antiques, and western wear,
a sign in front of a big building with a big parking lot said 'Brabraland' but no clue as to what they sell (do I want to know? :). In the town of Helen (which is a german themed tourist type resort town ) we had to stop in and see 'Das ist leather' and then there is the store we saw in Dothan Alabama called the 'Skuffed Butt Biker Wear'.
We drove through 'Loudsville' GA, and drove by Huckleberry Hill and Tater Ridge (wonder if thats where the guy from the Blue Collar comedy team comes from - "they call me Tater Salad")
All for today - I will have more vacation pics tomorrow and friday also as I am working 3 - 12 hour shifts in a row so won't get much crafting done until the weekend.
Have a good week ya'll - :)
Tera
Posted by Picasa

No comments: