Friday, August 15, 2008

Another box in the works

Hallo,
I survived the trip to the water park today I am glad to say (6 - 16 yr olds, 6-12/13 yr olds, and 1- 9 yr old) 9 rode with me in my car and 4 were dropped off. I brought some cards I was working on and the kids came and went all day. My knees don't like all the stairs for the slides so I don't get in the water too much.
I have 2 extra in the house for the night so I got lazy and pulled out a pan of stouffers lasagna and pre packaged garlic bread for dinner :).
I started another of the cigar boxes the other day - the backrounder was done in 'purely pomegranate' ink - as you can see in the third picture the ink blurred a little when I used the mod podge to glue/seal it but I kinda like it - makes it look a little more vintage. I did change which masterboard I used to the one without the ladies colored in as I thought it matched better when I got that far. I plan to color the focal image and use PP ink to color part of it. Hopefully I will get some time to play with it this weekend.

I was tagged by Keri aka 'Pink Lemonade' http://www.pinklemonade.typepad.com so I will play a little anyway - I really don't know that many people blogwise that I can tag back.
So I am to tell you 6 random things about me....1 - Did you know that ICU Nurses can have rather warped sense of humor? Some of my older patients get embarrassed not so much for themselves at times but for me - they seem to think I am such a 'sweet and innocent' young thing.....so I have to give them a math problem. Ya gotta figure I have seen 2 behinds (at least) every day I have worked ....SOOO 2 a day, 3 days a week, 52 weeks a year for 24 years, How many is that?
Its sure to get a smile.
2 - On the other side - to show I really am a Professional - Did you know that if a Doctor orders a medicine that is somehow wrong for a particular patient (wrong dose, timing, or not right for any number of other reasons) and I give the medicine then I am just as much at fault as the Doctor. What that means is I have to know my 'stuff' pretty durn well.
3 - In addition to my RN and my BSN in Nursing, I hold 2 certifications - one is a Critical Care certification and the other is a specialty certification for Cardiac Surgery, and I teach Advanced Cardiac Life Support to Nurses and Respiratory Therapists (and occasionally Doctors). So if I sign my name with full flair it would be T.(last name) RN, BSN, CCRN-CSC, ACLS-I.
Ok enough Nurse stuff - 4 When I was in kindergarten one of my older neighbors asked me what my favorite color was - after thinking for a minute as I had never to my remembering been asked that before I said Black - because I was a total horse nut and of course Black Beauty was the ideal horse.
5 - I spent 3 and 1/2 years moving every 3 months (Travel Nursing) (I know I said no more Nurse stuff - but I am having a hard time thinking of things) During that time I lived for 3 months in Longbranch N.J., Modesto CA, New Orleans LA, Abilene TX, 3 - separate times in Phoenix AZ and my last assignment was in Anchorage Ak .
6 - I HATE housework!!!! Hate it, Hate it, Hate it - might have something to do with putting myself through collage as a cleaning person at the hospital near my Nursing school........
Well thats about all for today - the lasagna is done and the Natives are hungry!!! :)
Take Care
Tera
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

WoW Tera ... You are one EDUCATED GAL!!! Thanks for playing along!