Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blue masterboard box

Hallo,
Took me all day to get these pics - dingy and rainy all day with a little breal in the clouds around 215ish.
We had to finish up some last minute school stuff for the kids and then we went to the Awards Cerimony for the Summer Volunteen Program which my DD participated in this year.
I got some time at the craft table and had just enough time to make up some stuff for me to finish on friday at the waterpark...I work the next 2 days but will have stuff to show you preposted.
I altered this cigar box using mostly stamps from CHF http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com - I started with 'Victorian Leaves' backrounder and filled up 2 whole sheets, cut them to fit the sides (inside and out) and the inside bottom. I used one of my masterboards from a few posts ago for the top and inside top cover. The masterboard was done with CHF's backrounders 'Houndstooth' and 'Sophisticated Swirls" and their 'Beautiful' set along with some ladies from Hero Arts and a couple unknown UM. I also used a portion of the masterboard for the focal on the cover alond with some cardstock with corner punches and an old broken necklace found at a garage sale (by my cousin Terri - HI - and she sent it to me).

I glued/sealed everthing on with mod podge. The brads in the corners were origionally bronze but I used the silver krylon pen to make it match - as I edged 2 of the main layers with the silver krylon also.
On the front of the box is a piece of vintage trim which I found at a thrift shop - it made me think of my Mom for some reason and as this box is for her I decided to use it. I plan to fill the box with a bunch of cards for her to use. I just have one more thing to finish and I will be able to get the box in the mail.
I also have anothere of these cigar boxes in the works(I almost never just do one of anything) - the next one is in a 'purely pomegranet' color sceme....
All for tonight....
Take Care
Tera


Posted by Picasa

No comments: