Thursday, February 19, 2009

Experiment part 2 - workable fixative....

Hallo,
Part 2 of my first batch of experimenting - when I saw how the first pieces were smearing/blending I pulled out my can of 'workable fixative' to see if it would make any difference.
This first picture is another small canvus sprayed with the color wash sprays from Zia and then when it was dry to the touch I sprayed it with the fixative - when that was dry to the touch I then put on the coat of clear gesso - that is the second picture.


As you can see it still smeared/blended a little but not near as much as the first half of the batch from yesterday.



This one is another on the heavy watercolor paper, workable fixative....



And then with a coat of the clear gosso - this one held up the best - most of the watercolor sprayed pattern held up and didnot blend.
While I was waiting for these to dry I pulled out an acrylic set and a gouache set and did some watercolor backrounds to see how they would hold up to the clear gesso - I will show you the back rounds tomorrow (friday) and hope to get some time to gesso them friday....
I used to paint watercolor alot with acrylic but it doesn't even compare to the gouache (these are paints that are somewhere between watercolor paint and acrylic paint - not as transparent as watercolors but not as opague as acrylic) I won't be using the acrylic anymore for watercolors!!!!
All for today - Take Care
Tera



1 comment:

Lost Aussie said...

Great backgrounds! such wonderful and vibrant colours.