Monday, March 23, 2009

Circuit Rocker

Hallo,
Well as you may have noticed - we got back too late friday for me to get anything posted. My Chief Enabler Pat and I went to Fairhope Alabama to their Annual Arts and Crafts Festival. Its always an idea bananza for me - eye candy everywhere.
Most of the stuff I really liked will have to go on my "when I win the lottery " list. But I did find a really cool Kalidascope!!!! It was made from and old Coke bottle - the lid had a hole punched in it to see through the small triangle kalida innards, the bottle itself had loose pieces of stained glass and colored marbles!!! I collect Kaldascopes so this was a really fun find for me - totally unique from all the others I have.
We walked until we were sure we saw it all - we have been going for years so we have a system - following all the rows on the right side, around the side streets, all to the right and eventually we end up at the begining - then we decided if we NEED to go back for anything (if we didn't but it right away...)
About halfway through are some local resterants - we had a great lunch - the place had an awsome broccoli salad and the tomatoe soup was really good too....


On to todays creation.....
I used this weekends sketch from Jen at www.iheart2stamp.com
The backround is a backrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms called Circuit Board. I thought it looked kinda metal rockish.... I stamped it onto white cardstock with silver ink and then embossed it in silver. Then I sponged some distress ink on it. You can find this and a gazillion other backrounders here - www.cornishheritagefarms.com
The main image is one of my new Hanna's from www.hannastamps.com She is stamped onto white and colored with prismacolor pencils - the highlights in her hair are accented with green Krylon pen and the guitar had bright pink Krylon pen highlights (these are almost neon in color and I have been trying to find something to use them on for a long time - The folks at Krylon sent me some to try .....).
I traced around one of my nestabilities labels at the bottom of the main image and cut it and Hannna out so she is 'out of the box' so to speak.
The 'U ROCK' is from Gina K and was stamped on the acetate sheet that covered my new Hanna in the package (how very Greeb of me :) - traced a small nestie again, cut it out, stamped with silver colorbox ink and heat set, and then the edges done with silver Krylon (this was a second try on this part by the way as I got silver fingerprints on the first one :)


All for today - I need to get some dinner going.
I didn't get much time to stamp today - but did several hours of yard work. The weather was absolutly perfect!!!!
Take Care
Tera












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a fun card! thanks for playing! hugs-jd