Friday, April 10, 2009

Fiery Blue Bottle

Hallo,

Off work today - Ahhhhh.....

Took 2 of my critters to their annual vet check up - accually my old cat hadn't been in a couple years(our vet uses 3 year vaccines...) My old cat - she's 18 !!!yes 18!!! - is sooo easy to get to the vet, she sits on my shoulder in the car and loves on my vet and his vet tech/secretary and purrs (unlike the 'demon kittens' whom we had to give anaesthsia to just to get them examined and shots). My old mutt usually loves the vet and he is easy too - he was a little nervous today due to the last time he was to the vet 2 months ago he was in ALOT of pain - but he still was such a good boy. It sure doesn't take long to rack up a bill for 2 critters - my vet didn't even give all the normal shots to my sweet old cat (too thin and not wanting to risk it with her being as old as she is...)

ANYWAY - on to todays project, another glass etched bottle. I used the 'Fiery Floral' scrapbook from Cornish Heritage Farms again - you can find it here - http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/ .







You can also find a good glass etching tutorial in the forums at CHF.

This jar is a triangle shaped one - I will have both jars up on the Etsy shop by the end of the day....








































The tags were also done with the 'Fiery Floral' scarpblock, distress inks and glimmer mist.

I also did a little 'extreme cuttleing' on cardstock for the tags too - took the cardstock and ran it through 4 different folders - inking to highlight, and flattening between each layer with my bone folder before moving on to the next folder. I first saw this done here - www.libbysscrapz.blogspot.com - although hers looked much better than mine :).
All for today - the kids have decided that we have to play a rematch of the Monopoly game that I so decisively won earlier in the week...... As of today I now officially have 2 teenagers in the house - yikes - wish me luck :-) LOL.
Take Care
Tera


















No comments: