Tuesday, May 19, 2009

NTI - New Orleans

Hallo,
Lots of pics today - not too many of NTI itself, mostly of New Orleans.
Just in case you aren't a Critical Care Nurse - NTI stands for National Teaching Institute and it is one of the greatest learning/networking/motivating education programs I have ever been to. This year marks my 6th NTI over the course of my career and it never fails to teach me something new and bring back the enthusiasm and energy I need to continue in this challenging (and very rewarding) career of mine.


I have met some wonderful colleges from around the country and around the world and learned so much its a wonder my head even still fits trough the door.
There are around 6 to 7 THOUSAND Critical Care Nurses attending this conferance this week.
The first picture is from my hotel room window - I love the structure of this old building among the skyscrapers of downtown.
The second 2 photos are right across the street from each other - I took these pics for 2 reasons, one - the reflection of the light from the red building to the one across the street really caught my eye and 2 it really serves to show the contrast of New Orleans - the buildings on one side are fixed up and in good repair and the whole block on the other side is empty, boarded up and with broken windows. This is accually partly the way New Orleans is normally - I remember the same contrasts from when I came hear as a Travel Nurse back in 89 - but on the other hand there is soooo much more empty buildings and you can really tell how hard Katrina has hit this city .

I took alot of pics of the part of the French Quarter that immediatly surrounds Jackson Square and only one on Bourbon street (which is to be totally honest pretty trashy...)
The pic with the lady with the pink umbrella is Jackson Square and she (and several others ) were telling fortunes.
I hope you enjoy the pics - I have 2 more days of class and drive home thursday after my last class to do laundry and repack for a 6am flight out friday am to my DH's Nieces wedding back home in Nebraska.
I may be able to pop in again but to be real you may not see me again until next week.
Take Care
God Bless
Tera























































































No comments: