Monday, June 22, 2009

Serenity Lighthouse

Hallo,
I told you on friday to chaeck back to day for a better rendition of this Thomas Kinkade Lighthouse stamp and here it is. I wasn't completely ahppy with this one either but I like it much better than the one on friday.
I colored this with my prismacolor pencils which usually turns out pretty well for me - the part I have trouble with the most on this particular image is the clouds. The origional painting has the clouds all orangey/blue/gray which is what I was trying for in fridays failed copic attempt....so today I tried for just a touch of oranges and yellows and did the rest in blues and grays - which to me seems to blend in with the water too much...

Then I tried for some sunshine steaks with the spica glitte pen but don't like how that turned out at all.
Over all I like how this turned out - it is 5X7 mounted on heavy chipboard so it can be used in a picture frame.
Both of the stamps are from Cornish Heritage Farms and you can find them here - www.cornishheritagefarms.com
I really love the Thomas Kinkade line of stamps - very fun to color, but yet look great stamped monochromatic also.
I have been hybernating in the house here alot lately - yesterday am when the DH and I went to go for a walk it was 81 degrees and 93% humidity at 7am - with heat indexes by 10am of about 110 degrees.



All for today - trying to get more stamping done and starting another project. My DS and I are going to start painting his bedroom today - he packed up all his stuff and moved it out of the room over the last few days so we are headed off to get paint and get to painting.....wish me luck!!!!
Take Care
Tera







No comments: