Monday, September 28, 2009

The Kiss

Hallo,
I had a little time over the weekend to play. We went over to our new neighbors for dinner on saturday evening and as part of a house warming gift I made them a 5X7 picture that could be framed. They are fans of Klimt and have 2 prints hangin in their living room and she said they want to get one of 'The Kiss' next.
This stamp comes from a great company called 'Cherry Pie' and she has several designs dedicated to Klimt including this one - 'The Kiss'
I started with watercolor paper and clear embossed the small swirl. Next I sprayed with several colors of walnut spray and then used some distress inks direct to paper and to do some more stamping - I was just playing and spritzing until I got the colors the way I wanted.
Then when I was happy with the backround I stamped the main image in black memento ink and edged with walnut distress ink.
I had a second version I was working on at the same time and tried to emboss the main image in gold powder but I think the paper wasn't dry enough and it turned out really funky.......and not a good kind of funky :) - ah well, I aim to try again today but I think I will try white detail powder instead.....none of my gold is detail powder and the best of my golds is old and tarnished looking (because I bought a bulk tub and haven't used it as much as I thought) .......


All for now - trying to get an early start to my day off - do my morning tortures (excersise machine) , some house work and hopefully some good craft time before the kiddos get home from school.
Take Care
Tera







1 comment:

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, this entire Klimt series is wonderful - very artful, beautifully done!