Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Reindeer Plaques

Hallo,
Well Ida kinda missed us here - didn't even get much rain.....That's a good thing!!!!
I played around with some plaques I found at the Dollar tree a couple months ago. The backround on the first one is gray paper run through the cuttlebug snowflakes embossing folder and then swiped with white ink and edged with silver mettalic pen. Silver snowflake ribbon with silver edge next. Top layers are both cut with spellbinders dies in my cuttle bug and stamped with stamps from Flourishes.
The reindeer is colored with copics.
I did these for a challenge on the Flourishes blog - www.flourishesnewsletter.blogspot.com - our inspration was the 'my favorite things' song from the movie 'The Sound of Music' and the lines I chose were 'snowflakes that stick to nose and eyelashes' and 'silver white winters that turn into springs'
On this first one I added a tough of red stickles to the reindeers nose and to the tag.




The second plaque I used the snowflake folder on white cardstock and swiped it with blue ink, used blue ink to stamp the phrase and found a couple small blue rhinestones to add to the tag.
On both I traded out the string to hang it with for thin silver trim.
All for today - working again...
Take Care
Tera

















2 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty....a great idea!

Julie Koerber said...

What a great idea for a dollar store find! Now I want to go shopping! Thanks so much for playing with us over at Flourishes!! :-)