Friday, November 6, 2009

White Believe

Hallo,
Happy Friday morning to ya'll. I am at work today so will leave you a little something to look at....
This is an 8X10 picture to frame. I started this from a challenge in the MFT forum over at Splitcoast Stampers and had the stamp sets, cuttlebug folders, and nesties all picked out and then was stumped - good thing I had a great sketch from my friend Vicki just waiting for me to put it to use.
Pop over to Vicki's blog to see what everyone else did with this great sketch - http://www.vickichrisman.blogspot.com/
The challenge at the My Favorite Things forum was to use mostly white and stamps from MFT. I don't have any MFT Christmas or winter stamps so I decided to use one of my mostest favoritest sets called 'We're in this together.' You can find their great stamps here - http://www.mftstamps.com/
The base of this picture (on top of heavy weight chipboard) is white cardstock embossed with 4 different cuttlebug folders and then lightly brushed with embossing ink and glittery gold powder.


Next I cut several nestie labels layers and ran them through the cuttlebug folders, and edged all with gold mettalic pen.
I cut a ribbon slide also, edged with gold pen and stamped on it and slide some pink ribbon through it.
There are 3 different white and cream ribbons, a couple cream flowers, and some pink rhinestones.
The MFT stamped layers are colored with copics and some pink spica glitter pen for the ribbons on their shirts.
The poem is one I really love from Cornish Heritage Farms - called 'Cancer is so Limited' and you can find it here - http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/
Whew - lots of typeing today.....I really like how this turned out!!!!!
My Mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 2 years ago - had surgery but they caught it early so no chemo or radiation. 2 years and counting!!!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!!!
Tera
P.S. This was accually sortof a second attempt as I did another one with more pink on the bottom layer but liked this one best for the challenge. Will show you the pink version on Monday.....















6 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Very pretty and love all the embossed textures. Wasn't that a fun challenge??

Vicki Chrisman said...

AWESOME Tera!!! Love seeing your interpitation as a card! Thank you so so much for playing along!!!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Fabulous job on the sketch! I love your card! I love all of the embossing and the layers. Love the lace trim and the bling too!

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Wow What a great card :)
I love all the embossing ...

Carol L said...

beautiful details, and I LOVE the sentiment!

Michele Kovack said...

Very pretty!!! I love all the texture too!