Monday, December 7, 2009

Mucha inspired poppies

Hallo,
I managed to get some crafting time this weekend - Sunday afternoon. Saturday I went to DS's swim rally/fund raiser and sat. afternoon I took my DD and a couple of her friends to see a movie - and since it was too far to drive back home just to turn around and drive back - I spent some quality time at Mike's and Books-a-million - which is how I got the inspiration for todays post, along with a challenge from Flourishes.
The challenge from Flourishes is to use flowers and the only set I have with flowers is the poppy set - so I had that ruminating in the back of my mind at BAM when I ran across the sale table. On the sale table was a few art books which I love to look at but rarely buy (only so much room in the house). Well the first book I picked up was about Art Nouveau artist A.Mucha and as I flipper through the pages there was this stunning painting of - you guessed it - poppies!!! So I had to give it a whirl.

This first 3 pics is a card and the last 2 are a 5X7 made to frame. The poppies are gold embossed onto white paper and painted with twinkling H2O's. They were hard to get good pics of due to the shimmer and shine.
The frame is a nestie, edged with gold krylon, and the rhinestones were colored to match with a copic marker.
All for today - at work today and tomorrow both of which are preposted.
Take Care
Tera














1 comment:

Yvonne Hagane said...

Hi there!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog:) Your poppies are absolutely gorgeous as are all your cards!
Yvonne.