Friday, February 26, 2010

Frog wishes

Hallo,


Boy was I lazy today!!! I could not get moving for nothing - sun shining (a bit too cold for yard work) - finally I decided to just get out of the house and go to some thrift shops (if that didn't wake me up nothing would). I hadn't been to the local thrift shops for a long time as every nook and cranny is full of alterables and other assorted goodies but naturally I can home with more. I found a briefcase that was in pretty good shape for 3 dollars - now I have 3....I want to recover them as I did with an older style briefcase over a year ago now...


I also found an old samsonite make up case in good shape that I want to recover too - it also was 3 dollars - and I now have 3 of those too (wait maybe its 4....).



Ahhh well after the thrift shops I did manage to play some in the craft room.


This card is for a challenge over at Gina K 's blog. It is to for their Center Stage Spotlight Dt member for March - Boy would that be the ultimate in fun if I managed to win that!!!!!!

The challenge was to use one of Februrary's release sets and 2 of the new colors.

The colors I used are lavender, pink and yellow.

I used 2 sets on this card - Lovely Labels and Hang In There.

I will have to say that this card didnot come easy for me - I started out stamping the label as a mask and then stamped the frog so he would be in the middle - colored him with copics and a touch of white gel pen. Then I stamped over him with the Lovely label stamp, but it just didn't pop - so I colored the flowers, still not 'IT' - so I stamped the label again with the same ink only this time I embossed it with clear powder - hmmm better, still not 'IT' - so I cut out both with my nesties, cut the first one with the frog image out with the slightly smaller die and the embossed one with the same size die. Then I cut the middle out of the embossed label and edged it with green and gold and popped it up on top of the frog one - good - then I needed backround paper so I tried one after another and liked the green best.

The flower DP is left over from a piece I cut off one of my DD's birthday cards - edged with gold. Then I started hunting embellies - pink ribbon to pull out my funky pink sky behind the frog and the pink flowers in the flower DP, a green paper flower on top of a clear flower and finally a pink button.....sheesh it took me awhile!!!!

Pop over to Gina's blog to see what the DT did with the color challenge and what the other contestants are doing - some awsome stuff there!!! http://www.blog.ginakdesigns.com/



All for today ya'll - off to get some grub for the fam - as in we are driving to the local sit 'n' chomp for wings and pizza..... :)

See ya monday - Have a great weekend!!!

Tera

2 comments:

Donna said...

Cute card! I love that stamp set. Great color combination.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This cute! I love those label stamps....