Monday, March 8, 2010

Zebra Butts


Hallo,
Well I didn't get much going on my 'big' project yet - did manage to pull out stamps and do some initial planning so maybe I will get started tomorrow.
I did however get another cigar box altered. I found this one at a thrift shop with the felt lining already in it - it is a Zebra print so I went with that.
The Zebra on the cover is from Stamps Happen - www.janlynn.com
I colored him with copics - it is accually part of the stamp.
The other pattern on the cover is a stamp from Outlines Rubber stamps - www.outlinesrubberstamp.com which is also colored with copics in a gray striped kinda thing to compliment the zebra.


The little postage style stamp of 'Zebra butts" is an unknown unmounted - If anyone knows who makes (or made it) please give me a shout.
I stamped many of these and colored them with copics and put them all around the edges on the outside of the box.
The third picture shows off the 'zebra butts' better :) and features a stamp of mama and baby zebra from CHF - www.cornishheritagefarms.com - also colored with copics.
And more rows of the outlines stamp.


All for today - should do a bit of picking up before dinner. My DD is doing the cooking tonight :) - I am very glad some days that she loves to cook. I also cruely forced my kiddos to do some extras housework today so I could get some errands done - mean 'ol Mom.
I should have done yard work instead of errands however as it looks like it might try and rain tomorrow -
ahhh well - plentty of housework still to catch up on....
All for tonight - Take Care
Tera









1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

You never see these boxes anymore.. We used to have some when I was a little girl. My dad smoked cigars.. I loved the smell.. This is really a beautiful box. Love your coloring.