Wednesday, April 7, 2010

CARD 2 - GKD

Saturday, April 10, 2010
Hallo,
Due to my poor typing skills the post date is not correct.....I finished this card last night and got it loaded and finished writing the post this am - 4/10/10.....ahhh well
Anyway.....
Today is day 2 for my entries in this month Gina K Guest Designer contest. The challenge was to use one of last months new sets and for inspiration this month was a Favorite Children's book. Check out the contest here - http://www.blog.ginakdesigns.com/
My kiddos had lots of favorite books as they were growing up and little Critters was high on the list - thanks to Little Critters I got them to clean there rooms (for about a week) and play nice together (for an hour or so) LOL and some quiet time anytime we pulled out some books to read - ahhhh....
This card features the stamp set 'Nana's Needlework Sentiments' along with 'Nana's Needlework.
The backround is the extension half of TJ's 'backround burst extension' technique which I used on yesterdays card. Using white kraft ink - stamped on top of the chalked images and then spritzed the stamp with water and stamped off onto light colored paper. I used the doily stamp. Shelf is colored with prismacolor pencils

The phrase and corners are stamped with burgundy ink and I added small pearls in a row after the sentiment for accent - and in the corners.
All for today - I am going to try and get 2 more cards done today for the contest......but first we are headed out to Game Stop - today is my DS's Birthday.....then lunch....
Hope to have more for you tomorrow!!!!
Tera







No comments: