Friday, April 16, 2010

Flourishes Twinchie

Hallo,

Wow did I get some yard work done yesterday.....no housework - durn....

I had planned on only doing about an hours worth of yard work but as I was putting away the rake and such a Fed Ex truck delivered some of the plants I had ordered....sooo I decided to plant them.....didn't really want to do housework anyway.....but that means I have to get some done today. I do need to do just a bit more yard work though....

I did this card for the release week challenge over at Flourishes - www.flourishes.org/blog/




This challenge was to do 'Twinchies'

2 inch by 2 inch piece to be the focus of your card.

I used the waterlily and koi fish from the 'Waterlilies' set - coloreed with copics. I then went over the fish with an embossing pen and embossed with clear powder. I then overstamped the twinchie with a backround of oriental writing in walnut stain distress ink. Then I added a small coin charm.
I cut the twinchie with a spellbinders label die that was the perfect size and edged it with gold mettalic pen.
I then cut the spellbinders layer beneath which was perfect size to layer the twinchie.....and layered that to some oriental washi paper. Lastly I added some flat backed pearls.



I hadn't done twinchies in quite awhile so this was a fun challenge!!!
All for today - yard and housework awaits......
See you on Monday - I work the weekend again....
Take Care
Tera

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This is SOOOOO beautiful! Such pretty details, and everything goes together so perfectly. This is such a soft, peaceful scene- love it:)