Saturday, April 10, 2010

Heidi, Pooh, and Narinia



Hallo,


I have my last 2 cards for the Gina K Guest Design Team contest to show you tonight. To find out more pop in here - http://www.blog.ginakdesigns.com/


The challenge was to use stamp sets from last months release and for inspiration to pick a children's book.


I got 4 stamp sets last release so these are my third and fourth cards.


This first card was inspired by Heidi. Both my kids were born in Germany when we were stationed there . Their babysitter while I worked was a German lady named Marga. At 3 and 1/2 (when we moved back stateside) my DD was quite a talker and her german was almost as good as her english. Marga used to read Heidi to her in german and I used to read it to her in english.





The set featured here is 'Sending Sunshine' and I also used stamps from the 'Happy Camper' set. The scene is colored with copics and prismacolor pencils.


I also used a MS punch, some amber colored rhinestones, and a cream colored piece of ribbon.









My second card has duo inspiration as you may have figured out.....Both Pooh and Narnia have great lessons about friendship and helping others and I was trying to figure how which story to use and how all day yesterday (in between being crazy busy at work) and about bedtime last night the lightbulb came on inside my head - I am surprised I was able to sleep with the idea floating around in there but work made sure I was tired enough yesterday :)

Needless to say I was up early this am to make this card.


My kiddos were really into Pooh and Tigger - so much so that when we went for walks in the woods I used to tell them to be on the lookout for Pooh and Tigger (worked great for when they got a bit bored ). One year on my DD's birthday we borrowed a Tigger halloween costume - adult sized - from a friend. I made arrangements with a young lady who babysat for us to ride out to our favorite walking path ahead of us and as the kids and I were walking in the woods - lo and behold the kids FOUND Tigger - it was one of my greatest ideas EVER!!!!!! Tigger then came to my DD's Birthday party for a bit with the kids. We had soooo much fun!!!!


Narnia came around only a short time later as it will always be one of my very favorite storys.


The kids loved Narnia and the story spurred many new hiding places when they played hide and seek in the house ( we came home from Germany with a couple big shrunks).






This card features the 'Friends' set and I also used the lamppost from 'Elegant Post'


I was determined to keep this very simple. I used a reverse mask to sponge the 'sign' with gray ink and then stamped the phrase in red, the main panel is edged in red and then layered to gray textured cardstock....and that was going to be - it - but my hands kept itching for just a liiitttle bit more.....finally I took a clear rhinestone and colored it with a matching red copic marker for the corner and quickly walked away to grab my camera.... :)

Looonngg post today......but I think I am done story telling for the day!!! :)

Take Care and Hope the rest of your weekend is fantastic!!!

Tera















No comments: