Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dancin' Hips

Hallo,
Just a quick little post for you today - I survived my first long stretch on night shift - although I am loosing a bit of steam now (130 pm and I haven't been to bed yet - might get a nap in an hour or so...)
I stayed up because I wanted to get this card finished for My Favorite Things Guest Designer challenge. The challenge was to use fabric or felt and I managed a bit of both.
The dress is a plain piece of red cotton cloth that I stamped with 'Boho Blossums" in black and then stamped the dancer and embossed her in gold. Then I cut out the dress.
I layered her onto a panel that is also stamped with the BoHo Blossums.
For my felt - I had a couple pieces left over from a couple failed attempts to make her dress out of the felt :) and I had seen some ribbon roses done lately.
So I cut the felt into thin strips - it is adhesive backed - I started twisting around just like the ribbon and well I thought they turned out cute!!!



All for now - gotta get on over to Splitcoast and get this loaded :)
Take Care
Tera











2 comments:

Kerry Johnson said...

This is so pretty! Love your twisted felt flowers and her dress is fabulous!

Sherrie said...

Beautifully done! I love how you stamped the boho pattern on your fabric before you pieced it on! Love it!