Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Frog Days of Summer

Hallo,
As I was blog surfin yesterday, I came across a fellow stamper who is doing a RAK event for her sister who has terminal cancer. She asked for cheerful cards and her sister also likes frogs.
I sent this first card off to her this am and then finished the other 2 this afternoon - with a few more froggie cards to come, more on that in a minute....
To find out more about this RAK event and how to get involved stop by Lisa's blog here - www.bylisac.blogspot.com/2010/05/special-rak-event-for-my-sister-jayme.html

Soooo when I started looking for scrap paper to paper piece my froggie (from Gina K designs) I pulled out one here, and another one, and another one - I almost couldn't stop - when finished with my frog frenzy I will have a total of 8 frog cards LOL - these 3 were the ones I finished today.......



This first frog I colored with copics, cut him out and layered him to a green cardstock that I had ran through a Cuttlebug folder and sanded off to show the white underneath - this one using a bamboo folder and the next 2 using 2 different leaf folders.....

With the second and third cards I colored froggie and cut him out with a Spellbinders die - as well as the layer underneath with the sanded texture folder.
On all 3 I used up the last little bits of coordinating scraps as accents on the cards - along with some colored rhinestones on the last 2, baubles on the first.
Well all for tonight ya'll - dinner is on the stove and I don't want burnt chicken for dinner.....
Have a Wonderfully Froggie Day!!!!
Tera























1 comment:

Maggie said...

So cute! I love frogs too