Sunday, June 6, 2010

Orchids

Hallo,
A mellow Sunday afternoon here - fixin' to get in the pool shortly.
I finally had time to start playing with my new camera today - got it loaded to my laptop, had to run get a card for it as I hadn't done that yet and these are my first couple pictures I took. I have found out one thing - looking through the view finder with my bifocals is a bit of a challenge - these were taken with the auto focus because the ones I tried to focus were blurry...
I don't know if there is a way to get the screen on the back of the camera to show the picture or not but that would sure help me to focus on my own. I tried both top and bottom of the bifocals to focus with without much luck (my older digital has a screen on back showing the picture - I imagine this one may too but all it shows now is the camera settings, so need to read more in the instruction bo0k and CD...)

We had the local town festival going on here this weekend - Billy Bowlegs Pirate festival. The main invasion usually occurs about 430/500 pm and we usually get there about noon, eat lunch, wander around all the booths ect., ect,.... Well we got there about 1230 just in time to duck into one of our fav local restaurants for lunch due to rain. Then it cleared up so off we went.
The Pirate's arrived about an hour and 1/2 early so we knew more rain was on the way... We had packed the chairs ect. as the boats were pulling in - we watched the landing - yelled and cheered, caught some beads and coins and cups and headed for the car as it started raining lightly.....We no more than got in the car when the deluge came, thunder, lightning - the works. I felt really bad for the loads of people still in the park and the vendors!!!!
All for now - the pool is very warnm today so looking forward to loungeing - Take Care
Tera









No comments: