Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Victorian Wisemen

Hallo,
I haven't got to the craft table yet today - slept till about 2pm which was later than planned but I must have needed it. Had a hair appointment this afternoon - got a perm so now I am curly again....played with DD's computer trying to get it to accept my old digital camera so I could delete it off my computer (I gave it to her to use now that I have my new one up and running). Her computer won't accept the camera for some reason - the camera is at least 6 years old......it didn't like my laptop when I got it 2 years ago too so I don't think its going to load for her - she will just have to load and edit from my laptop and then transfer the photos via a jump drive....
A bit of blog surfin' - ordered carry out for dinner - too lazy to cook (DH is out of town and no good leftovers in da fridge...).....the kiddos will be in bed soon and I will head to the craft room....
I did this card for this weeks Summer Fling over at Cornish Heritage Farms blog - www.becreative.cornishheritagefarms.com



The backrounder I used - from CHF - is called 'victorian pattern' and I used a technique from Technique Junkies called 'backround whimsy'. I stamped the 3 wisemen stamp - also from CHF - over the backround with dark blue ink, versamark, and clear powder.
That great swirly frame is me being 'green'. I ordered some paper from "Paper Temptress" and she uses these as labels for the paper packets - I am glad I ordered a bunch cause now I have a bunch of these frames to reuse/repurpose :). I did have to cut the frame to make it narrower to fit onto the card.
I added flat backed pearls for acceents.
All for tonight - headed for the craft table :)
Take Care
Tera

No comments: