Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Village Christmas

Hallo,
I have been playing with my Thomas Kinkade stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms alot this week - Summer Fling week 2 over at the CHF blog is featuring the Thomas Kinkade line of stamps. Check out all the fun, inspiration and prizes here - www.becreative.cornishheritagefarms.com


The main image on this card is the TK Christmas village stamped with purely pomegranate ink and cut out using a Spellbinders labels die in my cuttlebug and edged with silver.
The next layer is the same die only traced and cut out as it was the largest die in the set - edged in silver.
Under those are the ribbon layer - 3 rows of one ribbon and some old lace ribbon underneath and then a line of small pearls for accent.
Bottom layer uses a cuttlebug folder and the Technique Junkie technique called 'antique wallpaper' I used purely pomegranate ink from SU and current adiarondak ink.
The phrase - also from CHF - is stamped/embossed onto vellum and cut out with a Spellbinders fancy tag - with 2 pearls to hold it in place.
Base cardstock is gray.
I really liked how this turned out!!! It is a 5X7 card.
I have a ton of errands to rubn today as we are taking a weekend trip to North Georgia this weekend to stay at a cabin and do some white water rafting - while the kiddos are volunteering at our local hospital today I will be getting a few groceries, packing, putting gas in the car ect., ect., ect......
I will prepost a few things for you the next couple days. I haver decided to not take any craft stuff along - we have 2 extra teenagers with us this time around so not much room in the car. Besides I need to do some serious playing with my new camera and I have saved several stamping magazines and a couple good books to read to boot....
Have a great weekend!!!!
Tera

1 comment:

Juliet A said...

This is a really stunning monochromatic card! I love the vintage feel of it.