Wednesday, June 2, 2010

White Nutcracker

Hallo,
Christmas mood again today thanks to this months new challenge in the Flourishes forum over at SCS. This month we are to gain inspiration from a beautiful picture of a living room decorated living room for Christmas from a magazine - all with clean white, lots of red and the green tree.
This is what I came up with today.
All stamps from Flourishes, colored with copics. For more info check out Flourishes blog - www.flourishes.org/blog/ or the Flourishes forum at Splitcoast Stampers.
I used a Spellbinders label die to frame the Nutcracker - just used the embossing mat to leave the outline and not cut.


All for now - going to a Birthday gathering for a bit this evening - first day off, not much sleep, but got several errands done -( yearly Mammogram done, DS's dentist appointment, groceries.....)
"Get'em squished ladies!!!!" Let me tell you its important!!! My Mom is over 2 years out from her masectomy for breast cancer but thanks to a mammogram we were extremely lucky - the spot my Mom had was only 3 mm - that is less than 1/8 of an inch - before you would feel it with a SBE (but still do your SBE!!!). Because the cancer was caught so early it had not spread and doctors determined that she didnot need chemo or radiation which is such a Blessing!!!!!
So again I say - "Get'em squished Ladies!!!!"


Take Care
Tera

3 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Oh, I love this Tera! Fabulous take -- love the way you used the nesties-- and thanks for the reminder about getting 'em squished. I giggled. I'm getting old enough that I have to start that soon... :-(

Thanks for playing over with us gals at Flourishes!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh I love all the white space! The dry embossing frame is wonderful! Beautiful card.

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!