Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sweet pumpkin witch


Hallo,
This sketch may look familiar - same as yesterdays, and also an 8X10 made to frame like yesterdays.
The main image is from Sweet Pea Stamps.
I colored her with my copics and shaded around her with copic cool grays.
No sooner than I got the main panel glued down for yesterdays project did I wack myself upside the head thinking I should have used some cuttlebug folders behind it - so of course I had to do another one using texture folders and coordinations paper.
I also used a texture folder on the TH distress flowers.
I am using this for 4 different challenges - a record for me I think!!!
1 - In a Sweet Pea Dream challenge blog to show your dream and as you can see I am still dreaming of fall :) http://www.inasweetpeadreamchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
2 - Sweet Pea Stampers sketch challenge - http://www.sweetpeastamperschallenge.blogspot.com/
3 - Icopic 's color challenge for orange, brown and yellow - http://blog.icopic.com/
4 - Copic Creations for shading in or outside the image - http://www.copiccreations.wordpress.com/
Check out all these great blogs!!!! I am quickly becoming a challenge junkie here....

Oh yes I added some stickles to the kitty too - silver for her wings and black diamond for the rest of her - I used a small paint brush to get a lighter coat.
On the home front - some of my craft buddies and I went to an Estate sale today and it was a crafters mecca - the lady of the house was obviously even more of a craft addict than I am - she must have done alot of quilting and rubberstamping/scrapbooking but also knitted, crocheted, painted, and caligraphy just to name the obvious ones (judging by supplies)
I came home loaded :) - I will really have to restrain myself and not go back for more tomorrow......
All for tonight - Take Care
Tera



















12 comments:

Michele said...

another beautiful sweet pea card! the spider web is really cool. xo

Doreen said...

Another fabulous creation,love all the background especially the spiders web.Thanks for sharing this with us at Sweet Pea Stampers.xxx

KymKreates said...

Oh gosh, I adore the colors and the cuttlebug embossing are perfect for this one. The rich brown tones are absolutely scrumptious!!!!

Thanks again for joining us for the first challenge at "In A Sweet Pea Dream" and best of luck!

xoxo,
KymKreates
Sweet Pea DT

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi hunny I love the texture on this one and I am a sucker for autumn colours another stunning card thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Pea Stampers hugs Pascale

crafty amy said...

Tera this is stunning! I LOVE the colours and the embossing is a brilliant touch :D
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea stamper and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

P.S. If you like Ching-chou's art you might be interested in my new challenge blog Crafty Purple Frog Challenges

sweetpeastamps said...

this card is drop dead gorgeous! I love everything about it, expecially the spider web. Thank you again for joing our challenge

Linda said...

Wow this is wonderful! Your coloring is fantastic. I love your card.

RoseC said...

So pretty. Nicely done.

asela said...

Beautiful. Love all the details. Great coloring. Thanks for joining the copic challenge

Jean Franks Beck said...

What a great project - *love* the embossed background!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

another awesome frame!!!

Lilian said...

Wow wow wow! This is just brilliant! I love your textures and details! Work of art indeed! Very clever way to add pearls on the spiders. :)
Thanks for joining the Copic Creations Challenge!