Thursday, October 14, 2010

Shimmering backrounds

Hallo,

Just poppin' in for the Gina K challenge blog hop. Our challenge this time was to pick one of the backrounds from the sidebar on Stamp TV and make a card.

I chose the 'shimmering backrounds' although its really hard to see any shimmer in this first card.....

I ran white cardstock through my snowflake cuttlebug folder and the used glitter gel pens to highlight the texture.

I then used a label from the Lovely Labels 2 set for the main image - stamped in navy. Phrase and snowflakes are from the 'Holiday Hospitality' set - phrase stamped in navy and snowflakes in light blue.


My second card is much more colorful and I was accually able to catch some shimmer in my photos - I used an oriental lantern texture folder and more glitter gel pens to color the lanterns.

I used another label from the 'Lovely Labels ' set stamped in red and edged with black for a faux layer.

The phrase is from the 'Inside and out' set and the koi from the 'By your side' set.

The koi is colored with the glitter gel pens too.

I added tiny red rhinestones to the label design and larger red rhinestones to the card.
All for me tonight - make sure and stop by the other DT blogs to see their favorite techniques....
Take Care
Tera











For more of the design team's favorite background techniques, please visit these designer's links participating in tonight's hop:







12 comments:

Giovana said...

Your background is really pretty!

Jennie said...

Beautiful designs Tera! You have done just fabulous this past month :o)

Theresa Momber said...

Wow! Fabulous cards, Tera! The backgrounds are awesome with the glitter highlights.

Lee said...

Ohhhh wow Tera!!! I just LOVE all that shimmer....it's gorgeous!!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful cards, Tera! Love all the shimmer! Fabulous job this month!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Almost needed sunglasses for all the shimmer-great job, Tera!

Cat Tidwell said...

gorgeous Tera! I always love blue for Christmas cards! and love the colorful 2nd one too! What a neat embossing folder!

Cheri said...

Sparkly and beautiful!!! Two great cards.

Unknown said...

Oh pretty, Tera! What a nice set of cards you've prepared for the hop! Wonderful job on everything you've done for GKD this month in your guest designer spot!

Thank you so much!

Miesje said...

Very, very pretty! I love the blues. And the koi is perfect!

Cathy P in AZ said...

Very different, gorgeous cards! I LOVE the glitter! Just sooo pretty! TFS!

Lagene said...

Really love the lantern card & snow card!