Saturday, November 6, 2010

Craft Fair finds

Hallo,
Before I started working on the cabinets today, I made a quick run to a local craft fair and found a couple really cool things - thought I would show you....
The first is this great bag made from old bank bags :) - really nicely done with bits of lace and trim as well as some coins from overseas (before the Euro ). And the inside is finished really nice too!!!
Next is a little hanging thing for jewelry - I came back to this booth 3 times before I could decide which one I wanted - every time I looked at them I saw something new - so I had to get several pics to show off the details. These are done on old cupboard doors BTW - such a cool idea!!! I May even have to try to do a few (not with my kitchen cabinet doors - promise) - after all I have a ton of stuff just like this in my craft room....problem is I would spend forever arranging and rearranging.....and then I wouldn't be able to decide which means I would end up doing about 6......I have enough projects lined up already!!!!
Alright I gues my break is over - put the first coat of varnish on the cabinets while DH painted after I got back from the craft fair and now it is time to do some sanding......you know what I will be thinking of.....I swear I can't get those doors outta my head!!!! I can just see them as Christmas presents for a few folks....
Take Care
Tera













































2 comments:

Dawn B. said...

These are beautiful.. Looks like some great ways to use some vintage goodies.. Great job.

Harriett Faulks said...

Whoa, those aren’t just any old random money bags! Those are straight from the US mint, the actual money printers! That’s so cool! These look like they’re made of canvas, so these are definitely vintage. Canvas is known to be one of the sturdiest, most durable cloths, that’s why most banks back in the day used them for money bags to hold heavy loads of bills and coins.