Monday, December 20, 2010

Glitter Fairy

Hallo,
Another Sweet Pea card for you today - this one with a bit of glitter.
I colored her with pencils over marker for the most part - wings and moon is glitter pen over marker.
I started with light colors of marker and then layered over the top with darker colored pencils. The marker over pencil looks really great IRL - adds a bit of depth over one or the other by themselves. I used spica glitter pens over the wings and the moon - I put some in her hair too but it doesn't show up much even IRL.
I cut her out with a Spellbinders labels die - using an out-of-the-box technique and edged the panel with gold mettalic pen.
The DP is from Basic Grey and I edged it with red distress ink.
I used some paper flowers - prima I think as they were a good garage sale find...some were light colored and I colored them red to match the image and paper and then used some stickles glitter on some of them too.


I am using this for 3 challenges - 1 - 'anything goes' for Sweet Pea Stampers - www.sweetpeastampschallenge.blogspot.com

2 - 'anything at all' for In A Sweet Pea Dream - http://www.inasweetpeadreamchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
3 - Copic Creations for glitter - http://www.copiccreations.wordpress.com


All for today - off to work for me....
Take Care
Tera













6 comments:

Powerful Search Engine said...

hi Tera another gorgeous gorgeous creation. Beautiful tecnique with the colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at SPS hugs Pascale

Blackfeatherfarm said...

That is a fabulous card !!! To answer your question on my blog... no I have not seen the Zentangle books, but will google them now. Have a wonderful holiday !

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Beautiful card, love the rich colour palette. Thanks for joining us over at Sweet Pea Stampers. x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

WOW 3 times good luck girl!
gorgeous fall colors!
thanks for joinin us at SPS!!!

KymKreates said...

this is just scrumptious! Love the colors!

Thanks for joining us on our Anything At All challenge. Good luck and hope to see more of your wonderful artwork!
KymKreates
Sweet Pea DT

miskyla said...

Great rich colors on this card!! Beautiful job :)