Friday, March 11, 2011

On a Pedistal

Hallo,
Its a sweet afternoon - Sweet Pea that is....
I love coloring my Sweet Pea stamps so much that this is one of my first done using paper piecing on my Sweet Peas.
I paper pieced her dress and the pillar and then added shadows with copics and used a silver spica glitter pen on the pillars design too. I colored the rest of her with copics also.
I did her for the current challenge over at 'In A Sweet Pea Dream' to use pink. See more here - www.inasweetpeadreamchallengeblog.blogspot.com



I colored her wings pink with a little red, gave her pink lipsand eye shadow and then used a very light pink as shading around her. The main image and the phrase are both Sweet Pea stamps and both cut with Spellbinders dies and edged in mettalic gold.
I then layered her to a black flocked gold toned ribbon, then onto a pink flowered DP (edged in the gold mettalic pen - as is the black panel) to a black panel and finally to a white card base.
I then added some bling up in the corner and a bit by the phrase. I was following the sketch from the Sweet Pea Stamps blog ( www.sweetpearubberstamps.blogspot.com ) for their current contest but I chose another card to submit for that one......
Well I have managed to get some yard work done today and took my pooch for a walk - I have one errand to run and I plan for another hour or so yard work before some more craft table time.....
The weather is soooo nice - an just warm enough so you don't need a jacket!!!
This is accually a first of 2 posts for today - later this evening will be my Gina K blog hop post so be sure to stop back!!!!
All right time to get a movin'
Take Care
Tera






2 comments:

jennifer said...

this is so lovely! I am thrilled that you liked the sketch so much, it was the first I had ever created. You should send this to me for customer appreciation week!

KymKreates said...

What a delectable creation! How wonderful!

Thanks for joining us at In A Sweet Pea Dream!
KymKreates
DT Sweet Pea Stamps