Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Summer Fairy

Hallo,
A sweet fairy for you this am before I head off to bed.....
I LOVE coloring and I LOVE coloring my Sweet Pea Stamps!!!! This sweet fairy is colored with prismacolor and lyra pencils and blended a bit with OMS.
Confession/tip - distress inks do not dry over the top of OMS....I tried edging the panel with walnut stain distress ink and all it did was bead up and smear due to the OMS....so since I was set on brown edging to match the base cardstock I tried using clear embossing powder on the distress inks to seal them.....but it didn't look right so out came my gold mettalic pen to the rescue. There is still a bit of the distress ink/embossing around the edges but to me it gives it sort of an antiquey feel.....
I am entering her in 2 challenges - first for Sweet Pea Stampers - http://www.sweetpeastampschallenge.blogspot.com/ - which is for a favorite Sweet Pea stamp (as if I can really chose a favorite, but she is my current favorite.....until I get the new ones mounted on cling foam so I can stamp them up :).

The second challenge is for In A Sweet Pea Dream - http://www.inasweetpeadreamchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
which was for 'summer' and today with this DP she feels like summer to me :).
All for me this am - one more night to work and a few days off to hopefully get some yard work done and play more in the craft room!!!
Take Care
Tera





1 comment:

KymKreates said...

I am feeling warmer just looking at you wonderful creation!!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Pea Dream!

KymKreates
Sweet Pea DT