Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Double 3 in a row

Hallo,

Late night, second post of the day for me - you would think that with only 4 hours sleep today after work that I would be tired......almost midnight so I think I will try to hit the hay after this - my kids are getting me up early to take them out for breakfast.....a rare treat....

This card is for todays release week challenge over at Flourishes - check it out here - www.flourishes.org/2011/05/lets-get-3-in-a-row/

I finally managed to get out of bed about 130ish, but while I should have done some house cleaning and such all I really had energy for was the craft room (because it always GIVES me energy - especially a good challenge!!!)

This card had a life of its own and is a bit more layered and blingy than I often do. I started the 3 in a row challenge with the first row - button, bling and die cut but somehow this card insisted on lace and pearls too so I added the bottom row too for a double 3 in a row.

The buttons are 3 from my stash of old buttons, one ended up with a pearl on it.....


The bling is a layer of clear microbeads covering the main image - which is of course a Flourishes image, colored with prismacolor pencils.

The die cut turned out to be 5 die cuts - one for the main image, one for the frame and 3 for the tag phrase - would have been 2 for that part but I accidently smeared the embossing on the phrase and had to do it over - hence another layer....

The lace started as one row and went to 2 so it would show up more....

And lastly the pearls - they were white but I colored them with copics to match the roses (one of my fav tricks - I almost have quit buying anything but white pearls).

Well I guess that is all for me tonight - tons of errands to run tomorrow and MUST squeeze time for tomorrows release challenge too....better get some sleep!!!!!

Take Care
Tera

















1 comment:

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! Love the lace trim you've used! Great job with the 3 in a Row challenge! ♥♥♥