Saturday, June 18, 2011

Glacier Hiking




Hallo,


Saturday we may a day trip out to Matanuska Glacier and did a bit of hiking up onto the glacier.


I had hiked this glacier when I lived here almost 20 years ago - even took my Mom hiking up on the glacier once .


The glacier has narrowed from the side somewhat otherwise its the same.


The flowers are Alaskan sweet pea.


Tomorrow (Sunday) we will be driving down to Seward so may not have many pictures.




Monday we are taking a glacier cruise on Prince William sound and then tuesday the boys are going out on a fishing boat - DD is still decideing if she wants to fish or go kayaking. If she decides to go kayaking I will go too - otherwise I will bum around the several art gallerys in town .


All for today


Take Care


Tera












































































2 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh Tera.. I've so enjoyed looking at all your beautiful photos! What an amazing experience huh. Enjoy!

Leslie Miller said...

I've looked through all your Alaska pictures -- gorgeous! Would love to go there someday, but only when there's plenty of time to take it all in. What beautiful sights to see!