Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Outlines - bleach it or not

Hallo,
Just a quick note tonight - I have been watching the Outlines blog with their new challenges but was disapointed this week because the challenge was to use a stamp from their 'bleach it or not' line of stamps and I don't have any of them.
Well after my DD and I went to the gym I aimed to do some house cleaning but then bumped into a bleach pen on the shelf and off to my craft room I went.....I have used a bleach pen to bleach cardstock before.
Unfortunatly the bleach pen didn't work - maybe it was too old.
I had not done the bleach technique in awhile and I was determined!!! So back to the laundry room I went - for the real bleach this time.
Well even though I didn't have the bleach it or not stamps, I used other Outlines Stamps and the bleach and this card is the result. I used an orange , yellow and 2 different brown papers- the bleach yeilded shades of yellow in all of them. I layered them onto kraft cardstock, edged the edges with walnut stain distress ink and then added the phrase stamp on top.
Lastly I added some flower soft to the centers of the 2 big flowers.
Check out the challenge here - www.outlineswithkathy.blogspot.com
All for tonight - time for the couch and my copics......ahhh bliss....
Take Care
Tera
P.S. So much for house cleaning eh... :)











2 comments:

shulsart said...

Tera, fabulous card and the flowers look lovely bleached out. So glad you played along with us anyway. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Outlines Monday challenge blog.

deb said...

That is a great card! Yes, you can add me to your nurse blog roll.