Sunday, August 28, 2011

Watercolor Hollyhocks

Hallo,


Not too much crafting time today but finished off another card with one of my newest stamp sets from Flourishes - yes the Hollyhocks again :). You have seen a few cards done with this one lately.


I pulled out my peerless watercolors for this one (and a couple others still in the works....). I haven't done any watercoloring in a looonnnggg time - I tend to try to be too precise so will have to relearn 'letting go' :)


I usually start with the whole piece fairly wet and wash in the background color - then come back and add it other areas of color one at a time (the paper dries a little as time goes on) and then add another layer for darker spots and finally add little details - and hopefully not overworking it too much.....


I did 4 different panels today but this one was the only one I got made into a card, so you should be seeing a bit more watercoloring this week.


I wet the edges and tore them for this one and layered it onto a texture folder used on the base cardstock and highlighted with sponged blue ink.





I made this for last weeks Birthday Bash challenge over at Flourishes - check it out here www.flourishes.org/blog/

Well I had better get myself down for a nap before work.
Take Care
Tera



















1 comment:

Beate said...

Your image looks gorgeous! Beautiful coloring, great card.
Hugs and smiles