Friday, October 14, 2011

Flourishes 'Show Me'

Hallo
I am finally getting my blog caught up once again - and with some vacation time happening for me this week, I should be able to stay on track.
I have a craft fair tomorrow so as soon as this is posted I have to get all my crafty goodies out and loaded into my van, and the tables and ect into our little truck - that way when the kiddos get home we can get right on over and get set up tonight....
I did this card for the last of the release challenges over at Flourishes - check out all the fun and great inspiration, and awesome new sets here - www.flourishes.org/blog/

This challenge was to look back at all the tutorials offered on the Flourishes site and pick one to use on your card....well I ended up picking 2.
First was - Using colored pencils which I do all the time as I love to color!!! See the tutorial here - www.flourishes.org/2011/09/using-colored-pencils/
And second was a how-to on cutting a frame with Spellbinders nesting labels dies - found here - www.flourishes.org/2011/04/just-in-case-you-missed-it-9/

The main image is of course from Flourishes - the Zinnias set - and I colored it with my prismacolor pencils.
I framed it with gold cardstock and layered it to turquoise cardstock that I ran through a texture folder and then highlighted with white craft ink - a pink ribbon, a white ribbon trim and a row of pink beads finish it all off.
All for today ya'll - I have alot of work to do this afternoon.
Take Care
Tera

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your card is so beautiful. Love the rich colors. You are quite an expert with those pencils! Fantastic coloring! ~Hugs, Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Oh my good gracious, this is spectacular! The depth of color you achieved is GORGEOUS!