Monday, October 17, 2011

Rejoice ornament

Hallo,


Well I haven't gotten much done today.... First thing today I realized that I hadn't linked my challenge card from yesterdays post to the Outlines blog.....aaarrgg


This ornament was sposed to be a card but when I tried to scor the clear cardstock and fold it, it just broke like it was cut, happened twice so I decided to use the clear cardstock to make the gold vellum less flimsy for an ornament.


The gold vellum is nice and sparkly but the pictures don't do it justice - I took the pictures twice because the gold vellum in the first batch looked a muddy pinkish color.....


I cut the gold vellum and the clear cardstock with a Spellbinders ornament die - 2 sizes. And the snowflake is also a Spellbinders die cut from regular vellum.


The first ornament I did, I edged with a red mettalic pen which didnot look good - kinda a muddy nonshiny red, so I did another and used a gold mettalic pen on the edges instead.


The phrase is a stamp from Flourishes - embossed in red and I added a few red rhinestones to the snowflake and small ornament too.


I did this for the current Timeless Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes - the challenge being to make an ornament or feature an ornament on a card. Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/2011/10/timeless-tuesday-139/

All for today - going to link my post up to the challenge straight away so I don't miss out on another one :) And then back to the craft table!!!!

Take Care
Tera









2 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Tera, this is one beautiful ornament...love this idea! Thanks for playing again this week...hugs ~S~

Cindy Haffner said...

So PRETTY!~