Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas glasses

Hallo,
Well my morning got off to a bang - literally....
I went out for a walk with my ol pooch and was only about 3 blocks from home - its a busy street and I waited for a truck to go by, and then after he got by I kinda turned sideways to check traffic prepareing to cross the street, only to see the truck that just passed me get t-boned by someone who ran the stop sign - going fast enough that it tipped the truck over on its side. (unfortunalty accidents are commen at that intersection as many people ignore the stop sign).
Well here I am running for the truck while dialing 911 - he had a small child with him, I had seen as he passed me - the 911 operator had to have me repeat the intersection info and then my name as I was puffing so much from running (good grief) . Before I even managed to get the 2 blocks to the truck - the guy was lifting the kiddo up out the side window so I could see the kiddo was alright and Dad was at least alright enough to do that much - and about 4 other people were there ahead of me....no cuts, scrapes or visable injuries to either Dad and kiddo - or the other driver either for that matter - which was good!!!

Well once I got home I made for the craft room (chores can wait until after lunch right?) and finished off this card for the current challenge over at the Impression Obsession blog which is for you favorite drink....I have limited 'drink-type' IO stamps so this one represents the Christmas tea that one of the local lunch places has right now (iced cranberry tea) - since the glasses are Christmassy.
This stamp is of course from IO - and is called 'Cocktail glasses' #D2371.
I have been into the vintagey thing lately so that is where this one ended up too - embossed the glasses onto brown paper and distressed the edges with distress ink, added 3 rows of ribbon - green, a thin feltish brown and then the lace trim. I also added some pearlys with viva decor pens in gold and bronze.
Check out the current challenge over at IO - here - www.mitrafriant.typepad.com
Take Care
Tera








3 comments:

Shirley said...

Tera, what a scary experience! How wonderful no one was hurt. What areally beautifully vintage card too! Love the colors and want you did with the lace and pearls too! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty! Love the gold embossed images!

Heather Rogers said...

Sounds like you had quite the day. Your card is stunning. :)