Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday WIne Box

Hallo,


Well you have seen this design before on another box but today I did 2 wines boxes. We are making a trip to Savanah to visit with friends for New Years so I thought I would bring them a bottle of wine - so I had to decorate the box....I liked the design so much that I did 2 (one for the Etsy shop eventually, probably next Christmas....)


The boxes were first painted on the bottom and top under where the lid would go (learned my lesson last time :) and on the bottom of the box, then I put an edge of red paper on the bottom of the box and covered the lid in red paper.


The white paper comes already textured and had a wonderful shimmer to it. And then I used 2 ribbons to edge the box bottom and the bottom edge of the lid.


The ornaments are done with Spellbinders dies and matching stamps from Gina K's Heirloom Ornaments set. I stamped half on black with white embossing powder and half on white with black embossing powder and layered the smaller, opposites on top and did every other one on the sides.


The cording on the box was a thrift store find for only a buck - a whole roll and it looks so much better than the plain cord that was on the box.


Lastly I used some viva decor liquid pearls for all the gold pearl accents - also used a bit of gold mettalic pen.


Well thats all for me today - I hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas and are looking forward to a GREAT New Year!!!!
Take Care
Tera











































No comments: