Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pink Quilt

Hallo,
Just a quick post this evening - I had meant to get soooo much done in the craft room today....but instead I went to lunch with my Chief Enabler and then we went to a couple thrift shops. We found a huge basket of rubber stamps at pretty much our favorite thrift shop (all proceeds go to the cat animal shelter here in town) - we got the whole basket for only 20 dollars - 23 stamps in the basket, about 8 of them large ones and some pretty nice old PSX stamps too.
We didn't find too much at the next 2 stops - one of which thinks she is a high end retail store instead of a thrift shop (we didn't stay long...and didn't find much to buy either....no surprise!!).
I did manage to get this card done for the current challenge over at the Impression Obsession blog for 'pink' - mainly because I already had it colored up ready to go. I tried really hard to put together another card for another challenge - tried 3 different things with the stamp I wanted to use with no luck, ah well maybe tomorrow....
For the challenge details for this week over at IO, see here - www.mitrafriant.typepad.com
The stamp I used is called "Quilt" and its number is J1081 - I colored it with prismacolor pencils.
I then cut it out with a Spellbinders die, layered it to 2 more Spellbinders dies cut from pink paper. The next layer is a new coredinations paper from a pack that comes with embossing already on it - all you have to do is cut it to size and sand it ....I also used that same paper for a frame for my scene....and last but not least, I used some bronze colored liquid pearls.
All for tonight - need to get some super made and work on a couple more challenge cards to finish tomorrow :)
Take Care
Tera












3 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow! Tera, how do you say LOVELY! I clicked for a closer look and it just kept getting better!! Really wonderful colors and your background is just awesome too! I love it! Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

dpkennedy said...

Lovely image! I love the distressing on the embossed paper, very pretty!

Dawn B. said...

What a bargain and for a great cause too...this reminds me of my grandma. I am so sorry you couldn't leave a comment on my blog. Thanks for the heads up. :)