Saturday, December 17, 2011

Shiny, Glittery, Sparkly.....

Hallo,
I am trying to finish up some last minute Christmas gifts - these 2 ornaments are for a couple co-workers. I just so happens that these fit for this weeks challenge over at the Outlines blog too - for shiny and bright - check it out here - www.outlineswithkathy.blogspot.com
I used the newest of my ornament toppers from Outlines and embossed with glittery embossing tinsel onto different color shimmer paper. Today I am showing you the blue and the red.
Once I cut out the 2 layers I used chrystal laquer and added the rhinestones. Once those had dried I added the beads - these come from pieces of beaded trim and I just cut it apart for each individual bead strand and then used the chrystal laquer again to glue them on the back (the Outlines blog has some great pics of how the back looks - how to attatch the bead strands - I am headed to work and forgot to take pics of the backs....)
I had done some of these ornaments with charms and jump rings but this way is so much easier!!!

For the blue ornament I used blue strands alternating with gold beaded strands and then put the topper onto a gold ornament.
For the red ornaments I alternated short and long strands of the red bead strands and also used a gold bulb.
All for today - need to try and catch a short nap before heading off to work tonight - Have a great weekend!!!!
Take Care
tera

















































1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! I adore these... so vibrant in color and rich looking with all the sparkly jewels dangling!
Stunning ornaments!!