Thursday, January 19, 2012

Candy bright day

Hallo,
Its a bright as candy day here in NW Florida - sunny and just a bit chilly.
I did this very bright card for the current challenge over at the Impression Obsession blog - which is for 'oldies but goodies' - not sure how old this stamp is but I had been wanting it for some time and finally got it the last time I won the challenge over at IO :).
Check out the challenge here - www.mitrafriant.typepad.com - you could win 25 $$ to spend in the IO store!!!!
The stamp I used is 'Candy Jars' #G2332 and I colored it with prismacolor pencils and cut it out with an out-of-the-box technique and a Spellbinders die.
The DP I used is a very bright pink with blueish/turquoise dots - so I added some turquoise glitter to the edge of the main panel and layered it to teal/turquoise paper and lastly added some blueish turquoise rhinestones.
I am not sure how I should manage my sleep time today - tuesday night I didn't sleep well so I made sure to get in a good nap yesterday afternoon, only to end up on call for work. Well since I had a good nap I expected to be up late...but was in bed by 10....and got woke up at 230 am to come into work (and got off at 730 am per usual) so I am not really tired now....so I guess I should get the house work done that I have been putting off (too cool for yard work outside today) and then probably lay down for a longer nap after lunch....Ahhh well after tonight I have 3 days(nights) off :). Maybe if I get my bum in gear I can get some craft room time in too....either way this is all for me today here in blogland :)
Take Care
Tera

















5 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Tera, Now that is too too sweet! I love the vivid colors and what you did with the die cut to bring out the image! Beautiful!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

phcountrycreations@blogspot.com said...

very bright and very pretty!
PH

Donna Ellis said...

Tera, what an amazing job on using these elements in a card - bright is right! Absolutely beautiful, and it is perfect for any type of card, including Valentine's Day. Your glitter makes it extra "candy-ish". Good luck in the IO challenge! (I am your neighbor in central west Florida, so we share the Gulf Coast.) May your sleep be peaceful and rest. No fun not getting enough sleep!

Jenny Gropp said...

This is one SWEET card! LOL! Great colors and design! Thrilled to see you playing along with IO!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi ! Great card ! Love the candy, colouring & sparkle ! Good luck in the draw and sleeping !