Saturday, January 21, 2012

Flowery Flowers

Hallo,
Well there is now many buckets and a big pile for 'fertilizer' in my back yard and my kids almost RAN for the shower when done - hee hee, city kids...not that I didn't take a shower too but REALLY, it wasn't that bad....
I am building my flower beds in the back yard up a bit with tiers - I want to do the side yard ones too but we will see how much time I get this spring and how long my knees hold up....
Speaking of flowers - I have 2 cards for you this evening from Outlines. The challenge this week over at the Outlines blog was Valentines and so I did them up in reds and pinks and added a few little hearts here and there. Check out the challenge here - www.outlineswithkathy.blogspot.com
I paper pieced some of the flowers on each one and used some heart shaped brads, a button and some liquid beads from tulip on the first, same for the second but I also used some white viva decor pen too and no button.
I thought they both turned out a bit cluttered looking but they are bright and cheerful and flowery....
All for today - the kiddos are both at a movie night party/sleep over so the DH and I are going out to eat and to see a movie - I have been wanting to see 'War Horse'
Take Care
Tera




3 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

Tera, Love the flowers peeking outside of the nestie shapes! Great FUN and HAPPY prints! So glad you got the chance to create in between your gardening work and play along with Outlines this week!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Love your cards, especially the pink one ! I'm envious that you can garden at this time of year ! I get to shovel snow !

Sue from Oregon said...

Both cards are super! Thanks for sharing with us on Outlines Monday Challenge! Sue K