Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kinkade - Live Life Wisely

Hallo,
My favorite project of the week so far to show you this am. I got this Thomas Kinkade image as the old CHF was having close out sales a couple years ago. It sounds like new CHF will still be carrying the Thomas Kinkade images which is great news for me!!!!
I colored this TK image - Gingerbread Cottage - with prismacolor pencils. I usually start with the lightest colors and work darker from there and as I get a couple layers on then I switch and start doing sections - like all the flowers and then the trees and then the stones of the house ect. ect. ect. My only problem with TK's is that I have a hard time parting with my project when I am done - I almost never do just a card with the TK's - I like to do something more permanent with them, like a frame or plaque.
This time I brought out a 3D shadow box die that I have been hoarding for this TK. This is an Accu cut die designed by my friend Vicki Chrisman - http://www.vickichrisman.blogspot.com/
Crafty Secrects sells pre-cut sets of these die cuts which is really nice!!!
I added stamps from a couple 'scene it' sets - gates and bridges and winter I think - to the side panels. Above the main image is a phrase from a time set from CHF set.
The last picture shows this die closed and the decorative flap is stamped with another phrase from the time set as well as another decorative stamp to define the 'curtains'. I added a beaded 'rope' to the curtains with a viva decor pen.
I LOVE how this one turned out!!!! The shadow box die frames it up so nice too!!!
Be sure to check out the new CHF store!!! http://www.cornishheritagefarms.com/
All for today - worked last night, working again tonight so it is time to sleep!!!
Take Care
Tera







































































No comments: