Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sweet Heart

Hallo,
A couple cards to start me getting in a Valentine mood to show you today.
I did these for the current challenge over at the Impression Obsession blog which is for 'hearts and flowers'
Check out the challenge here - http://www.mitrafriant.typepad.com/
The stamp that I used is one of the Delt cubes - #5 (H1638).
I had origionally planned on layering the hearts on these 2 cards and then decided they looked better on their own.
For the backgrounds I stamped one side of the cube in gray over white base cardstock. With this first card I then stamped the same side in white on red paper and cut it out with a Spellbinderrs die. For the second card I stamped in distress red onto white and cut it out with a smaller die from the same set.
With the first card I edged the heart and base cardstock with gold mettalic pen and added some gold pearl accents with a viva decor pen. The little phrase on the heart in both cards is a rub-on.
And I used rub-ons in the corners of the second card too. I used decorative brads and some stry doo-dads on my desk to decorate the hearts.


All for today - gotta get ready to work tonight....
Take Care
Tera


























7 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi & thanks for visiting my blog! We are thinking the same way to use background stamps to create hearts ! I also was going to try to layer my heart but it didn't work! Your cards are beautiful, love the bling ! Good Luck in the draw.

Shirley said...

Hi Tera!! All I can say is WOW! I am going to start an album for the Delft Cube stamps on the blog after seeing this. These cards are lovely, lady, and how creative. LOVE them!!! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

Shannon White said...

Miss Tera these are soo Pretty! 8-) Love how you used your Delft cube stamp & I love the Fab embellies too!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Great use of the CAC, customizing and distressing - beautiful cards with the distressing and gold details. Thank you for sharing your ideas!

Anonymous said...

Great use of the C-A-C's and love the charms.
PH

Katie said...

Wow, great job creating a background with one of those cubes, a lot of work! And I love how your first card turned how with the red heart. Also love the added charms. Thank you for sharing!

Katie B.

Ellen Taylor said...

fabulous use of that stamp! Really love those embellies! TFS